Friday, January 17, 2014

Menu Planning Binder : Getting Organized

 Two nights ago I finally got around to budgeting the next several months out. It took me at least an hour and a half to get to the month of March, but it is such a relief to know where all of the money needs to go each paycheck.

 Last night I figured out my dinner menu for the next two weeks and created a grocery list based on sales between our two local stores to get everything I need. Today I went and bought everything and did a pretty good job in that I had $75 budgeted for groceries and I only went over by $2. At least several of the things I bought will last for more than just the two weeks and will add to the next several weeks dinners.
When I'm really organized I make freezer meals, and they make the world such a better place :). Smiths and Kent's had fresh chicken for 1.79 lb, so I picked up $8.31 of chicken breasts and made 5 freezer meals and saved a breast to split in half for Sundays parmesan chicken. Only one of the freezer meals is on this weeks rotation so the others will be there for the next couple weeks when I choose to make them. (2 Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken, 1 Honey Garlic Chicken, 1 Café Rio chicken, 1 Chicken Gyro meat)

My husband has just about a lifetime supply of binders filled with old school stuff, I think this one had a criminal justice class from 2006 when we were first married. I threw it all away... why we even moved with it is beyond me. Now it is my "Menu Planning Binder" complete with calendar pages until June. I found this super cute printable calendar here Miss Tina Digital Art and it works perfect for my monthly dinner menu.
If your curious as to what I have planned for the next two weeks or so here is a list of what we will be eating, starting tonight.
 
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Sloppy Joes
Crockpot Parmesan Chicken
Hawaiian Chicken
Taco Soup
Tilapia with rice
Crockpot Vegetable Lasagna
Navajo Tacos
Hamburger Helper
Teriyaki pork
Fettuccini Alfredo
Cheesy Potato Soup
Burritos
Pizza
Spaghetti
 
 
If you hate meal planning here is a link Free Time Frolics  to a great page that helped me create my menu and give me a list to pick from for the next couple weeks.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment